lacrimsonfemme

La Crimson Femme

Safe Word (Carrieā€™s Story #2)
Molly Weatherfield
Xanthe Walter
In His Command
Rie Warren

Universal Alien

Universal Alien - Gini Koch This one blew my mind. Switching places into an alternative world is so "Fringe" even if Ms. Koch calls it Bizarro world. Really, the references used in this story make so much sense and it's as if Ms. Koch and I are on the same wavelength. I get her humour and I love how her brain makes connections. The tenth book breaks me back into really enjoying this series since the last two were a bit less enjoyable than the others.

This one really moved me as we see a different world where Chuckie and Kitty are together. This life is different. It's better and worse. Kitty from the other world really breaks Chuckie's heart in this world. I think my heart broke when alternate Kitty reveals how she agreed to marry Chuckie in Vegas. I know Chuckie's heart broke. He is already in so much pain losing his wife, Naomi. Now to find out he had a chance with Kitty? I'm not sure why ms. Koch tortures Chuckie so much. Especially as we finally find out who the Mastermind is as well as who La Rue Morte really is and why she is such a psycho. This story is just painful as alternate Kitty is less yet more than our Kitty. I'm torn. I like both Kitties and I can't decide which life is better because they are both attractive in their own way. Sometimes, it's better not to see what could have been because there are possibly too many regrets. Loved this story and can't wait to read the next one. I'm finally caught up to date and ready to read the arc I received.