lacrimsonfemme

La Crimson Femme

Safe Word (Carrieā€™s Story #2)
Molly Weatherfield
Xanthe Walter
In His Command
Rie Warren

Hero

Hero - Samantha Young Emotionally draining is how I feel after reading a Ms. Young book. I loved Hero. She hooked me in from the first chapter. The character development in her books is spectacular and I loved both Alexa and Caine. Her secondary characters are fabulous and enhance the story with humour.

Alexa Holland is a woman who believes she can make a difference in people's lives. She may have a smart-ass mouth but she also possesses a heart of gold. The way she endures and tries to help Caine Carraway see Alexa for herself, not her father is moving.

The premise of this story is very simple. The conflict in the story is presented with a sucker punch from the get go. The journey to forgiveness for Alexa and Caine is fraught with pain. Caine's passive aggressive manner as well as his sexual attraction for Alexa is frustrating at times. Still, a reader can't help but enjoy watching this drama play out.

From an erotic perspective, Ms. Young nails it with smoking hot sexual tension and naughty forbidden fruit. Caine and Alexa's chemistry is explosive and both of them are burned. Their playfulness as they explore their desire is another pleasing part to this erotic novel.

At the heart of this novel, is about a woman whose been passed up time and time again. She comes in second place for her mother, father, grandfather and now a lover. It seems she is forever the illegitimate daughter of a whore - unwanted and an embarrassment. This kind of slight is a death by ten thousand paper cuts. It's amazing Alexa is still as caring as she is, with all the disappointment she experiences. I like her spunk and even if I disagree with her forgiveness letter to her dead mother, she's still an admirable character and one I'd like to be friends with. Because she values friendships and she's loyal. Plus, one never knows what smart remark will come out tumbling out of her mouth.