lacrimsonfemme

La Crimson Femme

Safe Word (Carrieā€™s Story #2)
Molly Weatherfield
Xanthe Walter
In His Command
Rie Warren

Nabbed in New Zealand

Nabbed in New Zealand - Christine    Edwards It is with regret I'm going to leave this story with no rating. I've read two other stories by Ms. Edwards. It seems with each one, my rating goes down.

In Nabbed to New Zealand, I just happened to be visiting New Zealand. So, when a couple of discrepancies occurred, it pulled me out of the story. As many of my GR friends know, my preference is for authors to do their research. Even if it is fiction, when using a contemporary setting, if there is a lack in research it comes across as sloppy to me. This is not a good sloppy like sloppy seconds.

First, my recommendation is to research the animals/fauna in the area. There are no poison spiders in New Zealand. There are also no snakes. Lastly, there are no mountain lions. Are there sightings of mountain lions? Yes. They have never been proven. The ones which have been found are just large feral cats. This immediately dropped the rating down one.

Second, my recommendation when writing from a female point's a view who is a bit shallow and scattered brain, do it in third person. Using first person can be risky because 1st person will subconsciously place the reader in the main character's shoes. For female readers who are not as annoying and ditzy as Valla, it becomes a tedious read.

The plot in this story does come across contrived, mainly because I know there no mountain lines in New Zealand. The conflict is predictable and the resolution is a bit incredulous. The sex in here is okay. It a bit of kinky fun. The dialog in the story is a bit trying. Ms. Edwards is trying, it's just not my preferred dirty talking.

He says,