lacrimsonfemme

La Crimson Femme

Safe Word (Carrieā€™s Story #2)
Molly Weatherfield
Xanthe Walter
In His Command
Rie Warren

When Day Breaks

When Day Breaks - Maya Banks KGI is a series I enjoyed when it first came out. I'm starting to think it has jumped the shark. This is less suspense and more focused on the relationship. What I'm thinking the entire time of this book is how the hell did they finance Eden's bodyguard expense? She doesn't really make that much money, does she? The entire premise feels forced. The incessant harping on how looks don't matter is unraveled when Eden's surgery includes plastic surgery to heal her back to her beautiful self. I understand the importance, but really, Eden is the only one in the book who didn't care about it.

Predictable, whiny characters and a very thin plot with an all too quickly resolved ending makes for an okay book. I can't say I hated it because I did finish it.