lacrimsonfemme

La Crimson Femme

Safe Word (Carrieā€™s Story #2)
Molly Weatherfield
In His Command
Rie Warren

The King

The King - Tiffany Reisz *provided by NetGalley

This is how the Eight Circle club grew into existence. Lovers of Original Sin Series, The King is another must read. Ms. Reisz pens another tale of sex, religion and politics - all the taboo topics to discuss in polite society. Perhaps this is why I am so drawn to this series.

In The King, the reader is taken back into the past to see a young Kingsley. This more vulenerable and aimless Kingsley is just as captivating as the confident "Godfather-esque" Kingsley. More is revealed about his complicated relationship with S??ren. It's enough to cause a hopeless romantic to cry for these starcrossed lovers.

Ms. Reisz creates a beautiful tale of a young man coming into his own. This rough edged Kingsley shows the potential of what he becomes. He's sexy and full of ennui. When he finds his meaning, with the help of a trusty sidekick and a bit of prompting from S??ren, it's a site to behold. What is absolutely fabulous about this series is it's complete irrevence to authority. It amuses me to no end. The humour in this book always catches me off guard and causes a laughing fit. It helps me balance and not take things so seriously. Some of my favourite lines in this story are as follows.