lacrimsonfemme

La Crimson Femme

Safe Word (Carrieā€™s Story #2)
Molly Weatherfield
Xanthe Walter
In His Command
Rie Warren

Drawn Together

Drawn Together - Lauren Dane This one caught me by surprise. I picked it up because I like the series and I want to finish it. It took a long time for me to actually read this one because I hated Raven. Raven is such a bitch and beyond annoying in the other books. How could a book focused on her be any good? It would take a lot to turn my opinion around about her. The first third of this book, I still didn't like her. She's mental. Is this a derogatory remark? Yes. Bite me.

Then Ms. Dane slowly turns it around by prying open Raven's shell and slowly taken down the way. Raven makes much more sense, but I still don't really like her. I do like her with Jonah though. He is good for her and he makes her acknowledge her self worth. It's not that Raven is insecure or has low self esteem. It's that she feels unwanted and abandoned. For this to happen to an adult, there would be a little damage. But when it happens to a child during their formative years, it does a lot of damage. It also explains why Raven is the way she is.

Overall, this story is one of healing. The last 1/3 of the book is when the pace really picks up and gets better. There is sex in the book but honestly, I just flipped passed it. It didn't do much for me because I can't remember it. I'm too jaded. Recommended for those who love when a bad girl finds her knight in shining armor.