lacrimsonfemme

La Crimson Femme

Safe Word (Carrieā€™s Story #2)
Molly Weatherfield
Xanthe Walter
In His Command
Rie Warren

Dead Heat: An Alpha and Omega novel

Dead Heat: An Alpha and Omega novel - Patricia Briggs I've been waiting for Charles and Anna Smith to appear again. This book is a 3.5 for me. I'm mixed because I've already read parts I enjoyed 3 times. Usually re-reads for me are 4 stars. I'm at a 3.5 because the story lacked a oomph. There was nothing in here that really wowed me. We learn there is going to be a war coming down with the werewolves caught in the middle. How do the witches and vampires fare in this war the Fae bring down on humans? Who knows.

I'm a fan of Charles and I like Anna quite a bit. This story even though it's long, seemed to be a bit faded and a too long novella for them. The horse parts are really well written, especially for those who love horses. I'm not so it didn't do much for me.

I would have liked to see more about the witchborn and more about the fae. Why was this fae released? There are so many questions that are left unanswered. It makes it seem as if this book is just a filler. But a filler to what? The next Charles and Anna book? Or for the Mercy Thompson series? Regardless of the watered down feeling to this book, it is well written and totally enjoyable. Recommended to paranormal romance lovers who love alpha dominant males who are intimidating.