lacrimsonfemme

La Crimson Femme

Safe Word (Carrieā€™s Story #2)
Molly Weatherfield
In His Command
Rie Warren

Saints United

Saints United - Rhiannon Ayers The Romance Review

M??nage lovers who look for kinky BDSM triad, this series is for you. This story can be read as a standalone although my guess is it would be more enjoyable if the first two books are read in order. In this one, AJ is computer geek who is heavily conflicted about his desires and what he wants to do. He's a submissive male who loves kink but it has burned him so badly that he's in denial. He is currently on hold with his life and just barely making it through the day.

First, the BDSM in this story is erotic and delicious. The sex slave auction is a bit exaggerated compared to reality but it could happen. What is alarming about this book is how well Ms. Ayers captures the problems of being in a triad or in the lifestyle. There is a lot of prejudice and outright hatred for those who are not conformist to society's rules. This means there can be a huge negative impact to jobs and even breaking up a family. The worst possible scenarios of a person's personal life being exposed are captured and played out in detail in this book. I'm both horrified and scared. Horrified that people and companies are so terrible. Scared because it can easily happen to anyone I know in the lifestyle who is also poly. Many of these people are in positions of authority, be it an executive or law enforcement. Many of them are in the medical field, too. I no longer have to imagine the damage which could occur if their kink is exposed.

Second, the characters in this book are great. I liked the character development through AJ coming out of his self-inflicted limbo to his servant-slave happiness and then to his shell-shocked destruction. Ms. Ayers does a phenomenal job of hitting a person below the belt and keep kicking when they are down. Honestly, I couldn't figure out how this could be a happily ever after with all the heinous media circus.

Lastly, this book isn't all about gloom and doom. It's a great representation of lovers returned and united against the world. Just like in life, there are parts filled with happiness and fun. The dialog in this story is smooth and amusing. Ms. Ayers does a good job of balancing the negative with the positive. Her ability to turn a situation around so that it isn't fixed to how it was before, but into a new and better fit is admirable. In this world, a shut door is only to open others and more appealing rooms to walk into.

Recommended for kinky m??nage lovers who want their cake and eat it, too.