lacrimsonfemme

La Crimson Femme

Safe Word (Carrieā€™s Story #2)
Molly Weatherfield
Xanthe Walter
In His Command
Rie Warren

Burn for Me

Burn for Me - Ilona Andrews I eagerly awaited this new series. There have been hints of more romance. Maybe even sex. Yes... SEX! Well, there was a little sex. It was glossed over which was okay for me. I don't read Ilona Andrews for sex. I read them for a heroine who is doing her best to survive. She is the one the entire family depends upon. Authors Ilona Andrews does not disappoint. This new series is going to be one I will love and read over and over again. I've read it at least six times within the first 3 days after I downloaded onto my kindle on the release day. Considering I was stuck in Brazil on a business trip, I'd say this is dedication.

Our new "Kate" is Nevada Baylor. She has a power which no one is privy to except her immediate family, and for good reason. Our new "Curran" is Mad Rogan. Oh boy, I love Rogan. He's powerful, dominating and well prepared.

Nevada is put in a position which is a lose-lose. There is no way she is to survive this case assigned to her. If she refuses it, she will lose her home and her entire family will become homeless. If she accepts it, she will most likely die. An underdog to root for! YAY! I'm not going to provide spoilers but I will provide my favourite quotes. The humour in this story is right up my alley - quirky and irreverent. Nevada doesn't respect authority much and it shows. When she goes up against Mad Rogan who is used to people yelling "How high", it's a firestorm. I love it.

There is a villainous character - Adam. While it's been posed if he is redeemable. My answer is no. Leave him in a hell hole or kill him. Adam is a rich boy who believes he can have anything and if he wants to fuck a woman, he can. Nevada puts him in his place.