lacrimsonfemme

La Crimson Femme

Safe Word (Carrieā€™s Story #2)
Molly Weatherfield
Ricochet
Xanthe Walter
In His Command
Rie Warren
Darkness Unbound - Keri Arthur Good Lord Almighty! Why do I put myself through this? Ms. Arthur creates another series I should have read long ago. The only plus side is that I can read all the books in one sitting. I'm heavily addicted to her writing. She's so damn good with her plots. AND SHE KILLS MAIN CHARACTERS OFF! WHY???? Oh geesh, WHY?

Okay, so maybe the person wasn't a "main" one, but a pretty darn important one. I didn't realize this was an offshoot of the Riley Jensen world. I'm in love with it. We get to meet Risa Jones who is the little girl now all grown up at 28 years old. She's very special and it looks like people want her. Many people. This book is face paced, tons of questions left open and a terrible blow. Classic Ms. Arthur, teasing us and tormenting us. I swear she must be a sadistic Domme.

I loved the characters in the book. The sex is glossed over and almost not existent which is good for me because this is more Urban Fantasy than paranormal romance. The storyline is riveting. I can't wait to read the rest. Highly recommended to urban fantasy lovers who don't mind death of beloved characters.