lacrimsonfemme

La Crimson Femme

Safe Word (Carrieā€™s Story #2)
Molly Weatherfield
Ricochet
Xanthe Walter
In His Command
Rie Warren
Bastian - Elizabeth Amber This is a 3.5 for me. I liked Bastian a lot. He's better than any of the other Satyrs. Since I've read these a bit out of order, I'm confused. I don't know if Bastian is before or after the Nicolas. I'm guessing after. Who I really liked is Silvia. She's quirky and amuses me. Leading Bastian on a chase like that was pretty amusing. I kept thinking of "Invasions of the Body Snatchers" when I read this book.

Silvia a good one though. She tries her best to do what is right. The story could have dragged a bit with the archeology. I found it to be interesting. Then again, Ms. Amber only wrote about the interesting parts - no pontification about the sifting of dirt to find objects.

The sex was okay. I skimmed over it because it just didn't do it for me. One would think that the double penetration would have been great. I guess I'm jaded. The tidbit of m/m was okay. I did find it cool for Bastian to screw whatever body Silvia resided. It's like a new lover every month. Yet it was a bit creepy because the person was dead. So is this necrophilia?

The one thing that kind of threw me - the ending. From the point of the imprisonment to the release, it just ended so quickly. The resolution was so simplistic it just didn't do it for me. The reveal of Elseworld to the humans was very disturbing. I felt bad for the Centaur. Overall, this is my favourite of the series. Recommended for paranormal lovers.