lacrimsonfemme

La Crimson Femme

Safe Word (Carrieā€™s Story #2)
Molly Weatherfield
Ricochet
Xanthe Walter
In His Command
Rie Warren
Deadly Captive  - Bianca Sommerland I've been told this is a frustrating book by friends. I can understand the frustration because there is very little we are given to understand. We are fumbling our way through the story. It feels as though large gaps are in the story. I'd say that the world building was sloppily done in some ways because we don't understand how everyone interacts and relates. We don't know how the world exactly works. Then again, I think this is was the intent. We are purely seeing it from the eyes of Lydia who has amnesia. I don't know why she has amnesia and neither does she.

There are many questions left open ended in this book. I'm unsure if Ms. Sommerland will actually answer them in another follow up book or if she just didn't know how to resolve and provide answers. Not sure if I really care either way. This book was interesting in a deviant manner. It was depraved in the way the captives were treated. The mind games were classic. After a bit, it was tiring and I just wanted it over with. I stopped caring and just want wanted to move forward. The forced raped scenes were hot. Joe I liked. Lydia was okay. There were times I liked her and times I just wanted to hit her over the head. She was an annoying bratty bitch at times. I wasn't surprised to learn she was a spoiled princess in her prior life.

I would like to learn more about Elah (?) and his team of killers. I'd also like to learn more about the world and how many people know about vampires. I wonder how Lydia's father carries on. I don't know if these questions will be answered and while I'd like to know, I'm not going to hold my breath. While I like the story and Ms. Sommerland's writing. This is my second story by her. If this is the continued trend where she writes an incomplete story, I'm not sure I want to continue. I prefer a complete story. Receiving pieces of it here and there isn't a style I like to read over and over again. It may works for others, but for me, it's no longer amusing. Still, this is a great read and those who enjoy non-con paranormal, I recommend it. It is a good read and I'll be recommending it to many of my BDSM friends.