lacrimsonfemme

La Crimson Femme

Safe Word (Carrieā€™s Story #2)
Molly Weatherfield
Ricochet
Xanthe Walter
In His Command
Rie Warren
Dark Peril - Christine Feehan I am a fan of Christine Feehan. This latest shifter book is in the same vein as her previous ones. There is no shocking plot twist or revelation. Boy dreams of girl. Boy finds girl when he's given up all hope. Girl is a warrior who matches him to a T. Girl falls for dominant sexy warrior boy despite her sexual hangups. Boy and girl become lifemates and live happily ever after.

This is about what I expected and I still enjoyed it. I enjoy Ms. Feehan's writing voice. She paints a good picture without tell, more with showing. This I enjoy. Her sex scenes I could probably do without because I like it harder and kinkier. Still, this is another easy and enjoyable read. Her characters are endearing. Her depiction of a strong male is yet again a romantic idealization of a pure fantasy. Because as females, we all know that this male could never exist. In addition as females, we can't compete with the strong female in the story either. :)

Her set up for the last de la cruz brother (by far the most attractive one for me) was unexpected. It wasn't very subtly so I am eagerly awaiting her next Carpathian novel. If it is with Zacharias, maybe the sex in that book will be kinkier. Here's hoping.